Learning to do a Tarot reading for yourself is a vital part in using Tarot as a wonderful tool for personal development. Not only do people use Tarot as a fortune-telling tool, but they also study it as a spiritual tool to understand the cycles of life. Doing by yourself will be a good way so that you can familiarize yourself with a new deck and know what each card represents for. In case of practicing frequently, you are able form a series of connections with the cards or read for the others. How to do a Tarot reading for yourself? Follow us and learn some necessary ways to start now!
6 vital ways to get the Tarot reading for yourself
- The first important thing is that you should take possession of a Tarot card deck and a Tarot book. In case of a newbie, you should find the Rider Waite deck to have a good start. Or you also choose the deck that you’re interested in so that you can channel your energy in reading.
- Keep in mind that the atmosphere when reading is quite important. Try to create a peaceful and silent atmosphere to attain the best concentration.
- Take the deck, start shuffling the cards, and cut them. At the same time, don’t forget to ask the question you want to know in such a way that you can transfer your own energy to the cards.
- Next, decide to choose a suitable spread which is appropriate with your question. There are 3 common spreads i.e. 3-card spread (symbolizes the Past-Present-Future), 7-card spread, or Celtic Cross spread.
- After that, pick up each Tarot card and place them in the spread. Then flip each turn over and start interpreting the meaning.
- Keep in mind that the Tarot cards will be divided into 2 main groups as Major Arcana and Minor Arcana. Therefore, you need to study about the cards in the two groups carefully.
- Major Arcana consists of 22 cards. All the cards in this group will be numbered, except the Fool card. They symbolize different aspects of yourself, different sides of life, and problems that you can encounter.
- Minor Arcana includes 56 cards, and they will be separated into 4 main suits with 14 cards in each. The suits are Wands, Swords, Cups, and Pentacles.